In addition to my work as a teacher, fiction writer, and reviewer, I have served a variety of roles in editing, publishing, and literary arts organizations. In addition to the formal positions I list below, I have also copy edited and indexed several academic monographs.
Selected Editing and Publishing Experience
- Associate Editor for Fiction & Poetry, Modern Language Studies, Winter 2016 to present.
- Host of The Sidebar: The Fiction & Poetry Podcast of MLS.
- Copy Editor, Modern Language Studies, Winter 2009 to Summer 2016.
- Prize Assistant, The Story Prize, Summer 2011 to 2012.
- You can read my event coverage and reviews for The Story Prize at the Official Blog of the Story Prize.
- Editorial Assistant to Tom Bailey, On Writing Short Stories, 2nd. ed. (Oxford UP: 2010), Winter 2009 to Spring 2010
- Editorial Assistant, Bucknell University Press, Fall 2008 to Fall 2010.
- Managing Editorial Assistant, Modern Language Studies, Spring 2007 to Spring 2008
To learn more about my background or to invite me to work with your publication, please send me a message via the contact page on this website.